There’s a ridiculously simple way to prepare Ofada rice.
In fact with this step by step guild I made a meal the folks kept asking for more..
And today i’ll walk you through the whole process.
But stay with me..
Ofada rice is one of the most dirtiest and stone content food.
But in recent time the quality as improved drastically and they are sold in small packet, which in now improved with little or no dirt.
Lets dive in:
Related rice recipe: How to prepare rice and stew
Get the following ingredients ready:
- O2 Cups Ofada Rice
- Salt to taste
1. Pick the stones and dirt from the Ofada rice. Do this carefully as Ofada rice is known to be very dirty and full of stones
2. Pour the rice into a bowl, wash repeatedly, see how dirty the water looks
3. Rinse till the water runs clean
Now, add 4 Cups of water, allow to cook on low to medium heat for 12 minutes…
4. Do not cover the pot throughout!
5. Take the rice off the heat and rinse out the starch till water runs clean…
6. Add 1 cup of water and cook till soft. You’ll need to check on it every now and then to prevent burning or sogginess.
When it’s soft, take it off the heat and if
you end up with liquid after the rice is fully cooked, drain in a colander.
Enjoy with Ofada Stew/ Ayamase